LISTEN: The Addiction Inoculation part 2 - Alaska Public Media News
Author Jessica Lahey returns for a closer look at addiction prevention. When and how should we talk to our children about addiction? How much should we tell them about our own stories? And what are the right things to do when it comes to protecting your children from addiction.
HOST: Prentiss Pemberton
- Jessica Lahey, author of The Addiction Inoculation and The Gift of Failure
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
- Send an email to [email protected] before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, Aug. 4, 2021, at 10 a.m. AKDT REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, Aug. 4, 2021, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by:
- RSS feed