Student Health Plans (R 2021-13) | Washington state Office of the Insurance Commissioner - Washington state Office of the Insurance Commissioner
HB 1009 (leg.wa.gov) recently passed and was signed into law requiring that student health plans, which provide maternity coverage, must also provide similar coverage for termination of pregnancy. The OIC will be updating existing rules to align with the legislation and adding new rules as necessary to implement HB 1009.
Stakeholder draft released July 8, 2021
- Aug. 6, 2021 at 3:30 p.m.
- Register for the meeting via Zoom
Notice to start rulemaking
- Comments for the stakeholder draft are due Aug. 6, 2021
- Comments for the CR-101 are due Sept. 1, 2021
- Please submit written comments to the rules coordinator